Monday, March 31, 2014

Hello From Rome!

Dear Family,

Transfer calls came! I am staying in Rome, which means I will get to see Lizbeth and Michael get baptized. :D

Sorella Smithson is getting transferred, and I am getting a new companion, Sorella Fairbanks! I've done a few exchanges with her before, so I know that she is great.

My shoulder is still having some problems. Here's hoping for the best!

This week I did an exchange with the Rome 2 sisters. It was hard, but cool because we got to do some finding by the Rome temple that they are constructing. The Spirit is really strong near there. I got off the bus, and felt an overwhelming good feeling, and I told the sister that I was with that, and she said, "That's because the temple is right around the corner. Then I saw it, and was just filled with awe. It is beautiful, and just so exciting that the people of Italy are getting a temple. :)

On Saturday, we were invited over to Lizbeth and Michael's house for dinner. They invited a bunch of their friends in the ward (They are getting intergrated so nicely! They really are a part of this ward already). We ate some peruvian food (Arroz con pollo, and cerviche), and it was sooo good. It was really cool because it was like a family home evening. Michael conducted the night, and I was just thinking about how he is going to make a great priesthood leader soon. Michael gave a testimony, and told us how grateful he was to us that we found his family. Then, it went into a testimony meeting. It was so great. The Spirit was really strong, and Michael told everyone that he wants to be baptized with Lizbeth, on the same day. This was really significant, because for awhile, he told us he wanted to be baptized, but sometime after Lizbeth. Now he's officially decided and told everyone he wants to be baptized the same day as Lizbeth! I am so excited. April 26th. Can't come soon enough. :)

Then yesterday, we were invited over to the Silva's house, for Sharon's birthday. It was an awesome Filipino party, with lot's of food. There was even a roasted pig head! Also, there was karaoke, and it was one of the most hilarious things ever.

Anyway... I am really excited for general conference this weekend. :) Woot woot!

CIAO!!!!

Love,
Sorella Worsham

No comments:

Post a Comment