Monday, March 10, 2014

Home Sweet Rome

Dearest family,

This week went pretty well.  

This week we had the most beautiful lesson with Lizbeth and Michael. We were all crying as we all bore our testimonies about Joseph Smith, and this church. The Spirit was really strong, and we taught them about the Spirit in that moment. It was very powerful. Then, last night, we committed them to pray about baptism for the 29th of April. This family is just the best. They both mentioned again how they want their 4 year old son to go on a mission. Sigh. Also, Lizbeth gave us two referrals. I just love them so much. Their faith has just grown so much since we met them. The Book of Mormon and church and prayer is just the best. :)
(Also, another cool thing about them is they make us Peruvian food sometimes. It is a really nice break from eating Pasta all the time.)

This week the goal for our zone was to find new investigators. We talked to so many people this week. I even ended up teaching a very abridged version of the Restoration to a man on the metro. We are going to meet him this week to give him an English Book of Mormon.

We had a crazy family home evening with a family in our ward, and and english course student who is their cousin. The plan was to watch the Restoration film. Let's just say...just about everything went wrong. Hahaha. It was almost comical. I just always say that a mission teaches people to be flexible and resilient.

You know, it is interesting, because my whole mission I was kind of scared and intimidated by Rome. It is such a big city. At first when I came to Rome, it was hard because it was nothing like the other cities I have served in, and it was hard to figure everything out (especially my way around the city, and the public transportation). I was thinking about it today, and I really have grown to love it. I really am happy here. :)  

THANKS EVERYONE!

Love,
Sorella Worsham

No comments:

Post a Comment