Monday, December 9, 2013

Wow. What a Week!

Dear family,

GIANNI HAS BEEN BAPTIZED AND CONFIRMED!!!!

Phew.

It was awesome. It was so cool to see an investigator from first contact, not being very happy, to then having a light, and then to baptism. It is actually an amazing story.

It all started out when I arrived in Pescara. I read Alma 29, and it really touched me. Verse 9 really stuck out to me...

9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy

...and after I read that, I started to pray every day that I could be an instrument in the Lord's hand to bring someone to baptism. About a week after that is when I found Gianni's phone number and called him. Crazy, right?

The baptism was awesome. We did a musical number, Credo in Te Gesù (I believe in Christ), and it was a beautiful arrangment. It really brought the Spirit, and lots of people were crying.

After the baptism, Gianni bore his testimony, and it was beautiful. He talked about how he had met some missionaries 15 years ago, but he wasn't ready to hear their message. This next part was really touching and emotional: "Then, when the sisters called, it was a time when I was really down in life. And actually, the sister who called me is among us tonight, and I will be forever grateful for her, because I was ready then."
...Just wow. I love being a missionary. I just can't believe the Lord has let me see so many miracles.
His daughter was also there, and now she is interested in the lessons. His daughter is next!!!

All the stress that we had this week was worth it.  Actually, all three of us were sick at some point this week, but it ended well.

I LOVE YOU ALL! Thank you for all of the prayers and everything. I definitely felt it this week. This week was one of the hardest, but best weeks in my mission. Thank you!


Love,

Sorella Worsham

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Pescara! My aunt Cinzia (Donatelli) grew up there! Loved this post. Love getting to be part of the work like this.

    ReplyDelete