Monday, December 2, 2013

...and so it goes...in Pescara...

Dear family,

...I have probably aged about 40 years this week. If I come home from the mission, and I look about...60, and then have a stroke or something...you'll know why.

With transfers, I received two younger companions, a whole bunch of investigators that I don't know, a new area that I don't know, the old work that we still have, and I am planning a baptism. It has been pretty stressful, and I think this transfer might be one of those refining fires. It's going to be hard, but I know that in the end it will all be for my good. I'm already starting to learn more about leadership and other great things (hopefully stress management hahahaha).

With the two younger companions, they are both I think a transfer younger than me. Let me just say, it is a lot harder to get two other people out the door on time, than it is to get one other person out the door on time. . Hahahaha I feel like I am becoming more neurotic by the day, because of not making it out the door on time to catch the right buses. I think I'm going to have to start telling little white lies about when the buses come so that we don't miss them. :)

(Also, yes there is a giant flood going on in Pescara. No I am not in Pescara....I'm in Rome again! Woo! So no worries, I am safe and sound if you hear about anything.)  

In other news, GIANNI was interviewed for baptism, and he is going to be baptized this Saturday, December 7th, 2013. It's so crazy. He and I were talking, and he asked me what day it was that I first called him. I checked back in my planner, and the day I found his record and called him was October 25, 2013. Oh man...Gianni is such a miracle.

This past Saturday, we had a combined young men/young women activity. I taught people how to make 3D snow flakes, and they absolutely loved it. It was kind of a Kick off to Christmas activity. It was so great.

Today, we went to a grocery store that we usually don't go to. When we were about to check out, a lady came up and started talking to us. Turns out she was from New York, and knew exactly who we were. She really liked talking with us, and she wants to meet with us sometime this week. She even gave us a ride home so we didn't have to carry our groceries back. It was super cool, because if we had gone to our normal grocery store, we wouldn't have met her!

Anyway, I hope everything goes well with you all! I can't believe it's already December. Happy getting ready for Christmas!!!


I LOVE YOU ALL! Hope you're not as wet as we are here!!!

Love,
Sorella Worsham

No comments:

Post a Comment