Monday, December 16, 2013

Weird Happenings

Alright, awesome news first.

Yesterday Gianni got the priesthood! For real, this ward is awesome. He is definitely a part of this ward. People have him over for family home evenings, he always sits with members at church, he has a running buddy, and he comes to institute every week. This makes this next part a little bit easier.

I got a phone call from the mission president on Friday. He told me that I am being transferred (MID TRANSFER). I leave this Wednesday, and I will be serving in...

ROME. The Rome first ward, to be exact. I am still kind of in the denial stage.

There was a sister missionary who was going to be going home at the end of the transfer, but then President decided to send everyone home before Christmas (plus I think she needed to be back before school). Long story short, a sister would be short a companion...ergo, early transfers. It was a complete shock and surprise, and I was a little bummed to be moving right before Christmas.

It's really weird though, because before my mission, I had a feeling that I would be in Rome for Christmas. Now, just a few days before, I will be there. Weird happenings.

It's cool though, because I came to Pescara about a week before we found Gianni, and then I am leaving right after he got the priesthood. That is pretty cool. It is pretty hard to leave, especially when it was so unexpected, but at least I know that he is in good hands.

It was cool, this week, we did splits, so I got to be companions with a young woman (and one of my closest friends) in the ward. It was a really good experience, and it was cool telling her about my mission, and teaching with her.

I love you all, and hope everything is awesome for Christmas and life!

Love,
Sorella Worsham

No comments:

Post a Comment