Monday, October 21, 2013

The Big Move, Pescara Style

Dear Family,

This was a crazy week. SO MUCH TRAVEL!!!!
I am now safe and sound in Pescara. I got to try my first Napoli pizza (which is the best in Italy), because some other missionaries brought it on the train to Rome.

...It is cold here, especially at night time. I have been wearing sweaters, coat, and scarves. Right now I am in the farthest north part that is open to sisters.

It has actually been kind of a culture shock coming here. The north and south are SO DIFFERENT (and I am not even in the north of Italy!).

First of all, I am serving in a ward now. It was kind of overwhelming going from maybe 20 people in church, to BIG. I felt like I was back in America again. Also, just the way people do things here are a lot more organized.
Also, the bishop has been a mission president twice. Enough said.

My companion is Sorella Paulson, and we get along great so far. It has been a really cool experience being with someone younger than me in the mission.There is not a whole lot to write right now, because I am still pretty new here. The apartment is beautiful, and Ikea furnished. Supposedly it is the nicest one in the mission. Now I am living with my companion, and two other Sorelle. It has been a blast.

By the way, yesterday I hit my 7 month mark. I have already been told that I am "getting old" in the mission. Jokes on them, because I still feel young.

Yesterday was the primary program! It was so great. They all started out in white robes (um, so it may have looked a little like a first communion), which represented them as spirit children, and then when they "came to earth", they took the robes off. It was a pretty intense primary program.

Anyway, I love it here. We ride the bus ALOT, so there are always a lot of people to talk to. There will be more to write about next week.

YOU ALL ARE GREAT!!!

Love,
Sorella Worsham

No comments:

Post a Comment