Monday, October 14, 2013

First Monday P-Day!

Alright family. I am packing my bags. ANXIETY!

I am leaving my little Cosenza nest that I have been in for about six months, and heading to...PESCARA!!!

This is super north compared to Cosenza. It is farther north than Rome, but on the east coast, so it is probably going to take a really long time to get there. I will now be in the Rome East Zone. Apparently from what I have heard, it is right on the ocean. I am still in Cosenza right now, and I make the move either on Wednesday or Thursday.

It's kind of funny, because PESCARA looks a lot like the verb "Pescare" which is "to fish" in Italian...so it is pretty appropriate because that is exactly what missionaries do. Also, I thought Dad would appreciate the name of the place because he likes to fish.

My new companion is named Sorella Paulson, and I will probably meet her on Thursday. She is just finishing her second transfer, which means I am with a youngin'! More news about Pescara next time.

Church was pretty sad yesterday actually. Everyone was really sad that I am leaving. Lots of hugging, kissing, and crying. They were also kind of upset about how far away I am going.The next few days are jam packed with people who wouldn't let us say no to coming to their houses. Haha. Also, tonight we are doing another pancake activity. One last hurrah!

Yesterday was a very..."us" sort of day at church. We taught Relief Society, Gospel Principles, Sorella Bailey played the flute in sacrament meeting, and then our branch president asked me to bear my testimony, and say the closing prayer. I feel a little bit like I am going into the MTC all over again, and that yesterday was like a "farewell". We also got fed the biggest meal ever... Sorella Bailey and I thought we were literally going to explode.

On Thursday and Friday, we were actually in Taranto doing an exchange. We saw some big miracles, and actually got the Taranto Sorelle four new investigators in an hour. It was pretty insane.



Love you all!

Love,
Sorella Worsham

No comments:

Post a Comment