Wednesday, October 2, 2013

It's Now Ottobre

Letter time again! It's October!!!


Last week I was sick with a pretty bad cold. I probably drank a whole can of Orzo (A powder you put in hot water...I guess it's kind of like coffee or hot chocolate). Luckily I pretty much got over it before zone conference.


Zone conference was awesome!!! We had quite the adventure with buses though. We tried to leave Sunday night, and when we tried to buy tickets, they were sold out. :(  We then lugged our luggage back (We bring luggage because we order materials at zone conference, and it's usually too much to carry) in despair. The next bus was at 5 in the morning. We woke up at 3:30 to make sure we were there in time to get tickets. Then we got there, and the bus driver said the tickets were sold out. DESPAIR!! We lugged our stuff back to the apartment again. The next bus was at 10 am...and we got on it! Phew! To get to Bari from Cosenza is about a four and a half hour bus ride. Bleh! We finally got to Bari, safe and sound in time for zone conference.


There were more sisters in the zone this time. We had 12 sisters in one apartment on Monday night. It was really fun, and I got to see some of my friends from my district from the MTC, and other friends. Also I got zone conference mail, and I received something from Caralee from the Lindon ward, and some other fun things from some friends. :)


My interview with President went pretty well. I said the prayer, and then he told me that he was impressed with my italian and that I probably have the best "rolled r's" in the mission. :O He told me that I need to teach his wife how to roll them. Hahaha.


Being sick was kind of hard, but we were still able to teach investigators. Remember that investigator that had us come back because we "made a good impression"? We taught her again, this time about the restoration, and it all just clicked with her. We also taught about the living prophet, and general conference, but she is going to be out of town. She was really interested though.


We taught some new investigators about prophets, and we invited them to general conference. Then they dropped the bomb that they might be moving on Friday. They are pretty much just up and go people, because they pretty much have nothing. I was pretty sad because we had a really good bond, but they might be able to find better opportunities somewhere else.


This week was hard, and great all at the same time. I could definitely feel people's prayers for me. Thank you!




THANK YOU!


LOVE,
SORELLA WORSHAM

1 comment: