Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Strange But Awesome Week

Okay, so this Saturday is transfer calls. Then if either my companion or I gets transferred we travel to Bari on Wednesday, then to the other destination. We'll see. I am kind of nervous about getting calls, because it will be hard to leave if I have to leave. The comforting thing is that I will stay if the Lord wants me to stay, and go if the Lord wants me to go. By the end of this transfer, I will have spent almost six months in my home town, Cosenza.


This week was kind of strange. There wasn't as much proselyting time, but we still got things done! Phew.


Can I just say General Conference was awesome?!

On Saturday night, we watched the Relief Society, and the Saturday morning session(live), then on Sunday morning we watched the Priesthood session(Yeahhh....Sorella Bradford and I snuck in...), then we watched the Saturday night session on Sunday around 2, and theSunday morning session(live) around 6 on Sunday night. I didn't get to see the last session, but eventually I'll be able to read the talks. :)


Yesterday, we met the Korihor of Cosenza. We were talking to a woman on the street who had asked for a Book of Mormon, and then this guy walked up and started bashing our beliefs, telling the woman things like "your baptism means nothing to them!", etc. He was a very contentious fast witted man, who took advantage over the fact that we are not perfect Italian speakers and I just wanted to be like, "Dude...what's your beef? Calmmmm dowwwnnn." Hahaha. We handled it pretty well though. He pulled the traditional "Nothing should be added to the bible" and then I just calmly/logically and hopefully with the Spirit talked with him about the history of the bible, (like how the Bible has had things added and taken out, like it didn't include 2 Peter originally, or 3 John, and it is missing some books) and bore testimony about the Bible, Book of Mormon and God's love for all of His children. I don't think it got through to him, but at least we didn't handle it with bashing. I learned a lot from this experience, especially about how important it is to teach with the Spirit.


The Elders gave us some records of people that had been taught by sisters A LONG time ago. We got a hold of one of them, and started teaching her. It was a really cool experience as we taught her the Restoration, her starting to remember the things that she had been taught ten years before.


This week was overall pretty good.


I love all of you! Make this week a great one!!! :)


Love,


Sorella Worsham

No comments:

Post a Comment