Monday, February 10, 2014

Speaking Spanish

Dear family,

Pinata has still not been destroyed. We were going to destroy it today, but one of our elders is getting strangely transferred today (official transfer calls are in a week)...so it will have to wait again.

Instead of destroying a pinata today, Sorella Samuels and I decided to go to the Sistine chapel, and check out some of the stuff at the Vatican. It is still rainy, so it should be good.

The ward I am in is very interesting. About half of our ward is from South America, then there are a lot of people from the Philippines, then there are some Americans (because of the embassy), and then the Italians. Some days it feels like I am serving in South America, and the next it feels like the Philippines, and so on and so forth. Anyway, the point is that there are a lot of Spanish Speakers in the ward, and I have been learning some Spanish. :)

Then, this past week we found and started teaching a family from Peru. They haven't been here for very long, so sometimes its hard for them to understand italian. We were teaching, and then I started teaching them in Spanish. My companion was a little bit lost, but it was really cool. Yesterday, I started working on memorizing the first vision in Spanish, and I have about half of it down. It is really fun.

Also, the family from Peru came to church yesterday! It was the best, and everyone was so excited for them to be here. There kids didn't want to leave primary. We are all pretty sure they are going to get baptized. Pray for them!  

This week we did a "Mini MTC" activity. We did some training with the members on how we can all work together. My part was teaching about Preach My Gospel, and how it is usual for everybody. The main point is that there is supposed to be Preach My Gospel in every home, and it really is helpful for everyday problems and questions. It was a good activity.

My birthday was pretty dang fun. My district did a little birthday party at district meeting, and they all told me why they loved me, haha. Then we ate pizza. One of the investigators that we gave to the Elders is a street performer. We saw him, and he started playing happy birthday, and then he sang me a song.

Anyway, this week was great. There were a lot of miracles this week. One of our investigators, said yes to baptism. We just have to figure out the date. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts in our behalf! I love you all!

Thanks everybody! I love you all!

Love,
Sorella Worsham

No comments:

Post a Comment