Monday, November 4, 2013

When In Rome?

Alright family. I have officially past the day that I have been in this country for six months. I thought this deserved some celebration...so we are going to Rome.
Actually, we have zone conference in Rome tomorrow...so we are going to see some things today for P day before zone conference tomorrow. Woot. Hopefully we will be seeing the Colosseum and the Trevi fountain. Fingers crossed.
This week was so great. Miracles have been happening!
Remember that activity we had last week? Well, the day before, I found some records that were on my desk, that had been under some other things like binders. I thought to myself, "Hey, why not?" so I called them to invite them to the activity. There was this one man who I talked to, and he asked how I got his number. I looked on his record, and it said that he had met some missionaries...over ten years ago. I told him this and we both got a good laugh about it. He wasn't actually able to come, but he thought it was so strange that we were calling, because he is going through some hard things in his life. He said, "Maybe it's a sign from God that you found my number and called." Woot!
So, we called him again, and we asked to have an appointment. He agreed, and we went over with one of the ward members. We talked about the Book of Mormon, and it was really powerful. Some missionaries in the past gave him a piece of paper about how to pray, and he had kept it all these years. He told us that he wanted to change his life, and that he was ready to do what we tell him. We assigned him to read 3 Nefi 11, and pray. Also, the ward member who was with us invited him to come to institute this next week, and he said he wants to come!
Saturday, I called him to check up on him. He read the chapter and prayed!!! Then I asked what he thought. He told me that there are things that he needs to change about his life. Then I invited him to church, and yesterday HE CAME!!!!!

It was such a miracle that his record just so happened to be on my desk the day that we were calling people to invite them to the activity.
Also, the investigator who we gave the baptism date of the 23rd came to church yesterday too! Woot! (In this mission, they have to come to church at least 3 times before they can be baptized)
Anyway, I am really excited about zone conference and all.

I love you all!

Love,

Sorella Worsham

No comments:

Post a Comment