Monday, November 11, 2013

Pescara/Rome

Dear family,

This week will mark a year since I opened my mission call. I opened it on November 14, 2012.

This week was insane. First, we went to Roma for zone conference. Then there was some crazy stuff in between here in Pescara, and then it was back to Roma for stake conference. Crazy. While in Rome, I saw the Colosseum and the Trevi fountain. :)

Zone conference was great, as always. We talked a lot about the Book of Mormon, and how we should use it. Then, they talked about English Course, and asked for some volunteers. They said they were going to do a practice course, and they needed "students". I volunteered, and one of the elders that I know pretty well was "teaching" it. He said, "Alright, today, we are going to learn German!" and all of our faces basically dropped. He taught us a course in German so that we could see how our students feel when we teach English. It was hard. So happy that I speak Italian....Sorry Matt. Ich ben freulich. (Not sure about the spelling on that...but that is what I learned.)

Something crazy happened in Pescara this week. I was getting ready for the day, and when I got out of the shower, my companion said, "Hey, do you know these people? They called and said that they know you, and they are here in Pescara, and that you would know what to do." She told me the names, and it was one of  the recent convert couples I was teaching from Cosenza. I called my old companion in Cosenza, asking what the story was, and she said that they wanted to move, but they didn't know where to move. She said that their decision process was, "Well...Sorella Worsham is in Pescara...let's go there!" It was kind of strange, and in the end it actually didn't work out for them to move here...but I guess it was flattering that they wanted to move here because I was here.

Stake Conference was awesome. I was able to see my MTC teacher's mom (she is Italian). We talked to each other, and then we realized that we had met at the  MTC. When she remembered that she gave me the BIGGEST hug. It was great.

Random side note: When I talk to people, I get asked if I am Italian quite a bit here. There are a lot more blonde Italians here, so it's not unlikely. I just think it's kind of cool that at least some people don't peg me as being American right off the bat (also a language compliment!)  :)

Anyway, I hope everything is great for you!


BYE FAMILY! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment