Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Zone Conference Number Two!

This week was zone conference number two!


DUN DUN DUN!


Also...Homework for all of you. Letters to Italy get here just fine (packages get here, but they are a little iffier), so send me a letter so that next zone conference I get mail! :)


Sorella Hayley Worsham
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Camaro, 20
00141 Roma (RM) Italia


Before I talk about Zone Conference, I will start with earlier in the week. Last Wednesday, for P-day, Sorella Greco and I went to a mall in Rende called Metropolis. I bought a hair straightener (finally), and we ate at McDonalds. Yes, the McDonalds in Italy is different.


We ended English Course this week. Some of our students decided to invite us out to go and get pizza on Saturday. We of course took the opportunity to teach a short lesson. Sorella Greco and I decided to split a pizza, but then when our student found out, they became upset. Haha. Picture a big long table of Italians all being appauled at the fact that we are not eating a whole pizza (These are the size of a whole pizza in America, just thinner). The typical Italian "WHY YOU NO EAT!?!" reaction. We eventually gave in and ordered another pizza. Then we wanted to pay at the end, and all of our students refused to let us pay, because we were their guests.


We went to Bari again! Zone Conference was yesterday, but we had to be in Bari on Monday because Sorella Greco had meetings because she is a Sister Training Leader. This meant we had to catch a bus that left at 5 am Monday morning. IT. WAS. AWFUL. The worst part is that we thought we were going to be able to take the 10 am bus, but then our zone leader told us at 10:45 Sunday night that we were going to need to take the 5 am bus. It was rough.


Actual zone conference was great. I have a cool story from it! Sorella Greco was asked to translate for Sorella Winston (mission president's wife), so we sat in the back with her and the Senior couples. Then, Sorella Greco had to give a training lesson because of her calling, which meant I was with Sorella Winston. They started, and then I turned to her and asked if she wanted me to translate, and she accepted the offer. So for about 20 minutes I was translating zone conference for Sorella Winston! It was so cool! How many people can say they did translating in their second transfer? It was a miracle.


Okay, well I think that is everything for now.


Love,
Sorella Worsham

No comments:

Post a Comment