Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mostra (Miracle) Week

This week was pretty awesome. On Thursday, we did what is called a Mostra. Basically, we go somewhere, set up some signs that are made by the church about the Book of Mormon, and God, and then we basically do super finding. Our district works together, but splits up and each of us personally talks to people. Members come too, and they do finding as well. We made a survey, and it was really effective.
It was kind of scary to talk to people by myself, but also really exciting. I got five phone numbers. And two of the people I talked to are investigators now. One of them even came to church this Sunday! Mostra= miracle.


This week I have received some of the clearest answers to prayer I have ever received. Specifically regarding one of our potential investigators. It was really cool, I was sleeping, then I woke up and got the warm feeling that comes with the Spirit. Then, I had thoughts that were so clear about things I need to say to our potential investigator. I got the feeling that I needed to write them down, but it was dark, and I didn't want to wake up Sorella Greco. I reached to my right, and there was a pen. Then I reached again and my journal was there. I had some doubts about whether this would be effective, because it was pitch black, but I went for it and wrote down all of the promptings I was receiving. When I woke up in the morning, I was nervous to see the inside of my journal, but everything was written nicely and clearly. It was a miracle!  We are going to start teaching this potential investigator soon.


This week, I was kind of sneaky, and I decided to record an alarm tone on our phone while Sorella Greco was in the shower. I did the rap from Sons of Provo "Diddly Wack Mack Mormon Daddy". It was really funny. When the alarm went off the next morning to wake up, we heard, " I was born in the church, just like my daddy was yo," etc, and it was really funny. The unfortunate side of this story is that one day, we were going to take a nap during lunch, so Sorella Greco set the alarm. Then one of our investigators wanted to see us right then, but we forgot to turn off the phone. During our lesson, right after Sorella Greco said, "We are here as representative of Jesus Christ," the alarm went off. Oh bother.


Anyway, everyone keep up the awesome stuff!


I love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment