Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Still Happy in Cosenza

I can't believe I have already been in Italy for a transfer. Weird.. If all transfers go as fast as this one....Man.


Here is the verdict for transfers:


Anziano Cortez , Sorella Greco, and I are staying in Cosenza! We are getting a greenie anziano!
My brother, Anziano Burley is leaving for Rome. :( But, he is going to be Anziano Bradford's companion! :)

Yesterday I had to go to a three hour Integration Course that is now required to receive a permesso. The idea is that immigrants will be able to ease into the country better with this class. Basically it was a whole bunch of stuff about the Italian Constitution, and a bunch of immigration processes I had already gone through.

Last night we did a fun activity, that we called "Pancake Pow-wow" where it was basically a big party where we ate pancakes. It was awesome! We had a lot of ward members come, and a lot of people from our English Course came, so it was an awesome opportunity for them to mix and mingle. All the Italians were really excited to try pancakes for the first time. They all loved it. We had a really good team work thing going with the Anziani. Sorella Greco made the batter, I filled the pans with the batter, and Anziano Bradford flipped the pancakes. The day before, Sorella Greco and I made maple syrup and peach syrup and peanut butter. Then of course we had nutellla, bananas, panna, and other yummy things. I think Dad would be proud. :)

This week we had zone conference, and district conference. It was so cool to get together with the missionaries in the Taranto and Bari zone. Ooooh. I had my first panserotto in Bari. It was so good. It's basically like an Italian pizza, that they fold in half, and fry. It tastes better than it sounds.

On the way up to Bari, we got picked up by the AP's to go there. It was us, the AP's and the rest were Italians. Long story short, all of us rocked out to Italian disney music.

At zone conference they have all the new missionaries and leaving missionaries bear their testimonies.  It was a really cool experience to bear my testimony to a bunch of missionaries in Italian.

This last Sunday  Sorella Greco and I had lunch with a nun named Sister Mia. Apparently there is a type of nun that wears normal clothes, and not the habit. We met her at the questura a few weeks ago, and we wanted to invite her to the activity, but she instead invited us to her house. We talked about the Godhead, but she is SUPER SUPER attached to Mother Mary. It was a really cool experience. I learned a lot about what Catholics actually believe.

This week has been great, and I am really excited to be staying in Cosenza.

No comments:

Post a Comment